January 12, 2018
Do you have an insatiable desire to slap some bags on your bike, lather up in sunscreen, and explore America on two wheels? Of course you do, and Adventure Cycling’s got what you need — forty two years of experience, 41,846 miles of mapped bicycle routes, tons of online resources, and a foundation of 53,000 members.
Join Adventure Cycling during the January New Member Drive, and not only will you be part of North America’s largest bicycle-travel organization, you’ll be saddled up with:
- A free 2018 Bicycle Travel Calendar,
- Nine issues of Adventure Cyclist magazine,
- A $10 gift certificate to our Cyclosource store,
- Entry into our Co-Motion Divide bike giveaway,
- And a chance to win one of many prize packages from ABUS, Portland Design Works, Planet Bike, and Club Ride Apparel.
Become a member right now, and turn the world into your oyster as you wield these incredible member benefits and resources:
Adventure Cycling Route Network
As mentioned earlier, we’ve mapped out 46,846 miles of bicycle routes in North America, and our Adventure Cycling Route Network is only going to grow from there. Members get up to 30% off Adventure Cycling route maps, so depending on how far you want to ride, this discount could pay for your membership on it’s own.
Like anything in life, bicycle touring is a lot easier when you have the right tools. Whether you tour with panniers or frame bags, you’ll find it at Cyclosource … along with apparel, tools, accessories, and camping gear. Join Adventure Cycling in January, and we’ll give you a $10 head start on your order.
Cyclists Helping Cyclists and Adventure Cycling’s Online Resources
Do you have a burning bike-travel question you need to ask, but you don’t know who to ask? In addition to help from Adventure Cycling’s online resources, here are three options for getting an answer:
- Email your question to me, Josh Tack, at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Give us a call at 800.755.2453. Our office hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, MST, Monday through Friday,
- Or log onto the Adventure Cycling forums. It’s free to create an account, and you’ll have cyclists from all over the world ready to help you out.
Bicycle adventures don’t have to drain your vacation time. If you have a free weekend, the possibilities are endless. Take a gander at our micro-adventure spin off, BikeOvernights.org. With short adventures categorized by state, you might find a ride you can emulate in your area. You can also do a trip of your own, and post it for others to see.
Top photo, photo 3, 4 Josh Tack | Photo 2 Aaron Teasdale | Photo 5 Saara Snow
The Adventure Cycling New Member Drive runs through 5:30 PM MST on Wednesday, January 31, 2018. Adventure Cycling Association’s mission is to inspire and empower people to travel by bicycle. We depend on dedicated cyclists to continue programs such as expanding the Adventure Cycling Route Network, keeping our online resources up to date, maintaining our education and outreach efforts, and building an official U.S. Bicycle Route System.