Ask just about any rider what the best headset is and they’ll likely answer Chris King. There’s no denying that the brand is synonymous with quality. Founded in 1976, the Portland-based company is celebrating 40 years in business with a limited edition ‘olive crate brushed’ colored Santa Cruz 5010 CC complete with several special Chris King components. The parts list includes a new BSA 30 compatible Chris King bottom bracket.
As long-time partners with the Santa Cruz Syndicate, during which they’ve worked on several custom projects including the offset Buzz Works headset, it only made sense for the two to pair up to honor Chris King’s history. There will be just 40 of these bikes made, and they’re available for purchase.
Chris King 40th Anniversary Santa Cruz 5010 Specs
- CC frameset with 130mm VPP Travel
- Chris King 40th Anniversary components and livery
- 27.5-inch wheels
- SRAM XX1 drivetrain
- Race Face Next SL carbon crankset
- RockShox Pike RCT3 Solo Air 130mm fork
- FOX Float Performance Elite shock
- Easton ARC 27 rims
- SRAM Guide Ultimate brakes
- Maxxis Minion 2.3 DHR2 TR tires (3C front)
- Weight: 26.8-pounds (12.2kg)
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- MSRP: $8,999