Fabian Cancellara raced his final Tour of Flanders Sunday aboard a special Trek Domane SLR. The just-announced Domane SLR sports two radically new technologies — front IsoSpeed and adjustable rear IsoSpeed — and Cancellara’s race bike also has some 3D graphics celebrating his accomplishments at Belgium’s biggest race.
Cancellara has been instrumental in the formation of the Domane line of bikes from the beginning, working with Trek on testing prototypes, riding instrumented bikes, giving feedback and of course handily delivering as a marketing icon for the endurance machine.
“My wife would not like when I say, it’s like the third baby, the Domane,” Cancellara said on the day after the Tour of Flanders, where he placed second to Peter Sagan.
Cancellara regularly made the podium at Ronde van Vlaanderen
Cancellara first raced the bike at Strade Bianche, which he won for the third time. Although many noticed the new bike, neither Trek nor Cancellara would talk about it until the day after the Tour of Flanders at the bike’s official launch in Kortrijk, Belgium.
- Frame: Trek Domane SLR, 58cm
- Fork: Trek IsoSpeed carbon
- Stem: Bontrager Race XXX Lite, 140mm
- Handlebar: Bontrager RL Anatomic, 44cm width
- Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace direct-mount
- Brake levers / shifters: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-28T
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace, 175mm, 53/39T
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Wheelset: Bontrager Aeolus 5
- Tubulars: FMB Paris-Roubax, 25mm
- Saddle: Bontrager Team Issue
- Power meter: None used for the Tour of Flanders or Paris-Roubaix
- Rider’s height: 186cm (6ft 1in)
- Rider’s weight: 80kg (176lb)
- Saddle height from BB, c-t: 782mm
- Tip of saddle to centre of bar: 620mm
- Saddle-to-bar drop: 111mm
You can read more at BikeRadar.com